On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 18:17:09 +0100, Anton Piatek <an...@piatek.co.uk>
wrote:
> For those that attended the Hants LUG meeting at Hursley on Saturday I
> would appreciate feedback on how the day went.
> Things that went well
> Things that could have been done better
> This should help improve any further meetings I run at Hursley

It was a fantastic opportunity, and many thanks are due to the IBMers who
gave up their Saturday to supervise the venue and contribute. Hursley house
is a great venue, the IBMers took care of security so it wasn't too much of
a pain, the networking worked well. Lunch in the clubhouse was great too,
not least because of the nice weather.

I think we were collectively a little overwhelmed by the venue, because it
didn't feel like a normal LUG meeting. Even though there were could numbers
at the meeting, because of the scale of the venue I felt we were rattling
around a bit. We could do with encouraging people who aren't interested in
a particular talk to hang out in the seating area and chat. The lighting in
the main presentation room wasn't fantastic either, all the speakers were
quite strongly backlit due to the blind not closing. This made it difficult
to see their faces.

Thanks,

Tony