> Where are you getting it from and how much are you paying?
>
> I'm interested in the Milestone (aka Droid), but I'm also interested in
> the Nexus One and the Nokia N900...
>
> I probably don't need and I certainly can't afford all three so I'm on the
> fence about which will suit me best.
>
> I'd be very interested in hear your experiences and opinions on the
> Milestone one you have played with it.
>
>     Andy

I've ordered it from Expansys on a t-mobile contract. £399 sim free /
£49 with 18 month contract.
It's taken over a week to get it shipped however, their customer service
is awful. It's on carphone warehouse's 'coming soon' page at the moment
(Feb release).

I'm sure you've been doing your research, I was flitting between the
Nexus One and the Milestone. My 'google employed' friend let me have a
play with the Nexus over christmas, it was definitely a very good device
but most of the 'amazing features' were software based. Motorola have
confirmed that the Android 2.1 will be rolled out to the Milestone
shortly which will bring most of the features with it. The nexus
hardware isn't particularly special, (grossly over-hyped) though it has
the snapdragon (1ghz) chip, the Milestone has a 550mhz ARM chip *and* a
dedicated circa 400mhz graphics chip.
All in all the specs are pretty similar, for me it was the decision
maker was the slide out keyboard. Obviously being a linux geek I plan on
using the terminal lots (ssh) and there are a number of VNC clients
available, I think trying to be productive on either of those
applications with an on-screen keyboard wouldn't work entirely well.

I'll definitely post another update when I've had an explore of the
device! I've just received a shipping notice so I should have it
tomorrow, I'll also be down at the weekend so seek me out if you want a
play!

Charlie