Chris. Aubrey-Smith wrote:
> Is there an 'approved' method for separating a big aluminium heatsink from a
> processor, to which it is attached as though superglued?

Clamp the heatsink in a vice, protect the CPU and use a scalpel or craft
knife blade to remove any actual glue and to wedge the components apart.
 I think I used masking tape on the CPU edge to keep it from flying
around and put a soft pad under it.

This method keeps the applied force and reaction across the heatsink.
It's not good to anchor the CPU by its pins because they can be hollow
(e.g. on P3 478) and snap easily, and twisting doesn't load the pins
evenly.

HT is in time to H!

Anthony