On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 15:50:30 +0000
Jacqui Caren-home <jacqui.ca...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> BTW: I did my back in this morning and am teleworking OK but have to
> stop far more often than normal. Why is back pain so distracting?

I suffer with back pain due to a crushed vertebra resulting from riding
a mountain bike downhill too fast and crashing.

I find it immensely frustrating that many jobs I could have done a few
years back with no effort at all now require me to lie flat and rest
after little more than an hour at certain tasks - like digging the
garden for example.

The only consolation I have is that riding my bike causes no back pain
but doing maintenance on the bike can be painful if it requires me to
bend over it.

Our moggy doesn't mind me lying flat as it gives her a nice place to go
to sleep ;-)

--
John Lewis
using Debian sid