On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 10:22:38PM +0100, Vic wrote:

> > The reply from the line starting 501 looks like the reply one would
> > expect from a web server when throwing something un-http at it.
>
> Yes - and trying "GET /" or similar gets a 404 response (although I always
> have to hit return twice).

   Yup, that's part of the HTTP protocol. The empty line indicates the
end of the headers. If you had a POST request, you would then start
the post body...

> But it's a web-ish server running on port 5555, and claiming to be on
> Fedora 6. That's the bit I don't understand...

   I'm guessing UPnP in an embedded device of some kind.

   Hugo.

--
=== Hugo Mills: h...@... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
   --- You know... I'm sure this code would seem a lot better if I ---