** Ian Park <i.d.c.p...@ntlworld.com> [2010-07-15 12:43]:
> On 15/07/10 12:32, Chris. Aubrey-Smith wrote:
> > I thought my recent experiences with Lloyds TSB might be of interest.....
> >
> > Last Tuesday, Lloyds changed their on-line banking system. The most
> > noticeable change is that statements now appear upside-down, with the
> > latest transaction at the top. For those of us who were brought up to
> > perform arithmetic starting at the top of the page and working down this
> > seems very odd. For people like me, who monitor their finances on a
> > spreadsheet, it's a nuisance. Now I have to compare an entry at the top
> > of one list with an entry at the bottom of the other and work through
> > the two records in different directions.
<snip>
> Hmmm, Smile (the Co-op internet bank) are even more confusing: if you
> grab a "recent items" statement, that comes with the most recent at the
> top; if you grab a "complete" statement (when Smile thinks a page is
> full), that comes with the most recent at the bottom.
** end quote [Ian Park]

You've got it easy, with A&L not only is it in reverse order, but the recent
items section sorts things differently within a day to the final statement. I
have to go through and reorder them for the running balance. Not that I'm
planning to be with them much longer anyway. There's also a problem with the
timeout mechanism. It used to fail to notify you in Firefox (even though they
claim to support it), now the notification works, but clicking to stay logged
in doesn't do anything and you still get logged out. When I queried it with
tech support they sent me two letters a month apart telling me they were still
working on my query and would get back to me, and then on the third month they
sent me one saying the didn't understand the question - doh!!

Sponsor me in the Moonlit Memories Walk for Rowans Hospice
A 12 mile walk along Southsea seafront starting midnight 19th June
Visit: http://www.justgiving.com/MoonlitTansom2010