At 14:36 23/10/2010, you wrote:
On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 13:30:17 +0100, m.nutt...@ukonline.co.uk said:

> It would be interesting if you could copy n paste some common errors in
> the applying email. I have noticed since i graduated my English has been
> getting steadily worse. Its a case of if you dont use it regularly you
> lose it.

OK (and only because you asked, OK?). Your paragraph above with my
corrections in [brackets]:

It would be interesting if you could copy n paste [copy and paste] some
common errors in the applying email [application emails]. I have noticed
since i [I] graduated my English has been getting steadily worse. Its
[It's] a case of if you dont [don't] use it regularly[,] you lose it.

I knew you would do that to my email :)

The only one I was not aware of was the "application emails".

(A personal opinion: the best way to improve one's English is to read lots
of good English).

Some real examples:

"this is [name removed].i have seen ur add on this web site.if u think i
mach for any position i request u to give me a chance"

"Here with, I am sending you my resume for above challenging post."

"I have seen an email on linuxjobs mailing list about Job Vacancy.
I am interested to apply, may be you could take look at my CV for your
consideration."

"I [name removed] Hereby to Apply for Employment at Your Company As Linux
Consultant i am new in linux i would like to grow in your company as a
Linux Consultant  i am willing to learn even from from scratch"

The above are pretty obvious and I am surprised people really are using text speak
in an application email.

Maybe I come across as a grumpy old man that no one in their right mind
would want to work for...

I think the above examples would bother me as well and I admit to having
not the best English skills so no you not a grumpy old man just yet :)

thanks

Martin N

Moderator of MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups