On Monday 15 Nov 2010, alan c wrote:
> I happen to be using UKOnline ISP and have just discovered they are
> being shut down by their now owner, SKY. I am not sure how recently
> the information became available, but I heard on the grapevine at
> yesterday's Computer Fair, and was a bit surprised I had not received
> information from the ISP itself. I do not use their email service
> perhaps that is why. If I did I would be likely to have my mail files
> deleted in January....

I don't know how long ago it was decided but it was reported on El Reg last
week:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/12/sku_uk_online_bye/

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

"There seems to be something wrong with our ships today"
    -- Rear-admiral Sir David Beatty, on seeing the Queen Mary
        and the Indefatigable destroyed at the Battle of Jutland