I am about to embark setting up RAID 1 (mirroring) with two identical 1TB
drives on my newly upgraded desktop.  Although it is a bit more fiddly using
Linux, it would not normally be a problem.

However, I run a dual boot desktop with XP.  I cannot see that I can do so
having both Ubuntu and XP on the same master 1TB drive.

In the past I have run dual boot using separate drives and think this is my
only solution.

As I can run up to six SATA drives, that is no problem  My plan is to
install XP on its own drive.  Then I install Ubuntu as a dual boot setup on
one of the 1TB drives and configure RAID 1 at the same time.

Any thoughts from some of you?

I would prefer just using the two drives as Ubuntu shares data files, which
I would like mirrored, with XP.  I need XP for some of my media applications
as there is no Linux equivalent and they will not run in WINE, even the
latest version.

Mike