Hi All,

I'm not sure how newsworthy this is, but since the question of basic
Linux training courses that crops up from time to time I thought I'd
pass it on.

It appears that the Open University are now offering a module that
explores the basics of Linux system administration, and that can provide
students with LPIC-1 certification as well as counting towards an OU degree.

The article:

The course:
http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/course/t155.htm

On the face of it that looks like pretty good value. I haven't got any
experience of this particular course, but having studied other OU
computing courses can vouch for the quality of the training materials
and instruction.

The LPIC aspect of it is not straightforward, i.e. completion of the
course doesn't appear to automatically provide you with certification,
it seems it is something you need to optionally request through CompTIA*
who are working with the OU to provide the training.

Sean

* http://www.comptia.org/certifications/listed/linux.aspx

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk