I'm looking at purchasing a scanner and thought I may as well go up to
date and get a built in printer too (my ageing HP Desktop is
struggling with the heavier use that wife and kids are giving it).

My main reason for purchasing the scanner functionality is to become
more paper free and store documents digitally, so ideally, I'd like a
quick scanner which is easy to set up and can get through documents
quickly.

I've been looking on Amazon and have just realised that most printers
are now wireless. We have Linux machines and windows machine in the
house, so I'd like it to talk to all machines over the network but am
not sure how I'd go about configuring the machine on Linux through
wifi.

I've looked at this one: Brother DCP-J315W [0] which is well within my
budget and seems to have good reviews. Does anyone have any experience
of setting up Brother wireless printers with ubuntu? Is it easy? Are
there any pitfalls I should be prepared for? Does anyone know if this
scanner/printer works through a wireless connection?

I've checked the SANE website but didn't find this particular
printer/scanner. [1]

Does anyone have any experience of any printer/scanner that they could
recommend for a multi OS environment? I'm also interested in the cost
of the ink, so wouldn't want to get an expensive to run printer.

Thanks in advance

Adam

[0]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-DCP-J315W-Wireless-Multifunction-Printer/dp/B0041X9NQ4/ref=sr_1_6?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1311698761&sr=1-6
[1] http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-BROTHER
You back your data up on the same planet?
http://www.monkeez.org
PGP key: 0x7111B833