Adam

I can probably answer the second part regarding wireless but would be
interested in reading responses to the first part from others because I too
have to go down a similar path shortly - we have a Samsung ML-2010 Laser
Printer on my wife's Windows 7 PC that works fine (providing her PC is on)
as a network printer in CUPS on all my (Gentoo) Linux machines but I also
have a Canon USB scanner that does not seem work at all in Linux - Canon are
renowned for being exceptionally closed source when it comes to drivers for
their hardware.

For the wireless side of things, I would have thought that would be
irrelevant to the Linux machines since the printer will make its own
connection to your wireless router and from a Linux perspective just appear
as another network printer that's the same as a wired Ethernet one would be.

So I think the only thing you need to check on, from a printing perspective,
is that CUPS supports that particular printer.

Not sure I can help much with the scanner side of things but, again, I
assume part of it is ensuring that SANE supports it first.

But like I said, I will be watching replies here intently as I need to get a
new printer and scanner setup soon also!

Regards

Peter