A bit of a vague subject, but I'm looking at the possibility of finally getting
a smartphone and at the moment the HTC Wildfire S and the Samsung Galaxy Ace
are looking to be fairly decent entry level options. Has anyone any experience
of these? I've seen some comments that the HTC can be a bit slow with the
600MHz processor, and the Galaxy is only 800MHz. Clearly it depends on how well
they are designed to some extent, but both run Android (so I assume should be
good with Linux). I think the Ace is the front runner at the moment for the
better screen and marginally faster processor.

As for usage, which will define whether performance is an issue to some extent,
I will no doubt use it for web and email, but calendaring and a SIP client are
of particular interest (clearly I need the right network to not block SIP
traffic!). I'm not a bit gamer on my phone, but then I only have a Samsung G600
at the moment, so who knows with a smartphone!