Hi all

My "mean machine" arrived today (Intel i7 2600, 8Gb DDR3) barebones and I
need to build it.   The thing is, I'm seeing a huge bundle of unfamiliar
connectors - can anyone help?

My main concern is keyboard and mouse - there's only one ps2 on the back of
the mobo.   I can think of 2 solutions:

1) Buy a ps2 female to usb male and use my ps2 mouse with that.   [In fact
it'll be connected to my kvm]   The only thing I'm worried about here is
whether the mouse will be correctly detected.

2) As I'm chucking out the Mac mini I bought 5 years ago and basically never
used, it so happens that I have an existing 2 ps2 female to 1 usb male
adapter.   Is this any better than 1) above.

Now onto the really confusing stuff.   I'm used to power supplies with:

* Mobo power

* Fan power (which connects to mobo)

* a ton of standard 4 pin power plugs.

In this latest board, I have 1 mobo power, seemingly 2 fan connections and
no "standard" power plugs, they all seem to be the new SATA variety.

Luckily enough, the hdd and dvd I have are both sata, but there seem some
other connectors too (I haven't the technology to take a photo at the
moment) so could someone tell me what they're likely to be - they look like
terminal blocks to me!!

Sorry for these basic questions - it's been well over 18 months since I
built my last machine.

Cheers

Rob