> Yes, but without the OpenVPN client at the Windoze end, which might be
> the problem.

There's a Windows installer for OpenVPN. I used it many moons ago. ISTR
deciding never to do that again, but I can't remember why...

> It's certainly a more complete guide than most^H^H^H^H any other I've
> seen. I'll be exploring my way through it.

I got PPTP working from RHEL3 to Server2003 some years back. I'll see if I
can find the details later.

> Unfortunately pptp is what's on offer. The whole system there is managed
> by an outside company and they don't understand anything except Windoze
> and maybe some Mac. They're pretty good at what they do, but I get
> 'rabbits in the headlights' looks if I mention Linux. I have been
> looking at putting in a Linux box alongside and doing IPsec rather than
> pptp, though I'm not sure how well the rabbits would take to the idea.

If you've got a Mac server on site, you'd probably find it easier to run
an encrypted tunnel to that as your main transit, then fan out whatever
traffic you need from there. SSH is dead handy :-)

Vic.