Morning All,

I recently grabbed one of Stephen Davies' PPC Mac Minis for my son, who sings in a couple of choirs and would like to record his voice at home using Garageband.

He knows little about the recording process and I know considerably less (!), so we are both a little stumped when it comes at getting sound in to the first generation Mini on account of there only being one port, which I believe doubles up for line in and line out.

Anyway, I am guessing that it is possible to buy USB microphones but have little or no idea about compatibility, availability or indeed suitability.

Also, being relatively new to Apple hardware I am similarly clueless when it comes to the best forum to post this question in. So, if anyone has any experience with this sort of thing, or failing that, knows the best place to ask this question, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk