Lo,

At 09:44 16/06/2012, you wrote:
Morning All,

snip

Also, being relatively new to Apple hardware I am similarly clueless when it comes to the best forum to post this question in. So, if anyone has any experience with this sort of thing, or failing that, knows the best place to ask this question, I'd be very grateful.

I have a ppc mac mini myself along with a PowerBook but I have no knowledge when it comes to microphones i am afraid.

An email group on google groups is fairly busy for ppc Macs its g3-5-l...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to get more information there.

Martin N

Running MorphOS v2.6 (Nov 2010) on Mac Mini, Moderator of MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups