On Saturday 21 Jul 2012, Jacqui Caren wrote:
> On 20/07/2012 11:28, hants...@googlemail.com wrote:
> > In my experience, and I have bought a lot from them over the years,
> > Novatech does not leave people out in the cold.  I would be interested
> > to know what had happened to get your acquaintance into this situation.
>
> Ditto I buy ALL my camera/phone cards from NT because they are one ofthe
> few places where they will remove the card from packaging and let you try
> it out before buying it.
>
> On my first purchase of a new camera card they pulled out thier local
> camera bod who knew the foibles of my old Fuji from memory! But he still
> went off to dcreview to double check his own memory!
>
> All other bricks and mortar's try on that old wheeze of "if you open the
> packaging and it dont work, dont come back here"...
>
> Also when I bought a barebones as an upgrade for a firewall I also bought a
> new PSU for another box with a dying PSU. They asked me why I wanted the
> PSU and exlicity told me the BB bundle come with a similar PSU.
>
> My local store is Reading - and apart from the Windows branding :-)
> they are simply brill.

I wouldn't go as far as saying they are brill but they are a lot better than
most. They have swapped a SD card reader for me twice now as they keep giving
up the ghost. Generally I've found them helpful and one of the few places that
know that there is life after Microsoft that isn't fruity...

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
but that's no reason not to give it
    -- Agatha Christie