On 05/11/12 11:30, Alan Pope wrote:
Hi all,

I wanted to edit a page on the wiki, but I can't. If I try to login I
can either create a new account or reset password for current account,
both links are broken:-

http://hants.lug.org.uk/wiki/HomePage?action=newaccount
"Unknown action newaccount."

http://hants.lug.org.uk/wiki/HomePage?action=recoverpass
"This wiki is not enabled for mail processing. Contact the owner of the
wiki, who can enable email."

Is this intentional or broken (or both)? :D

Yes. Adam had to shut down most access to the wiki because of all the spam. And my very brief reading of the MoinMoin documentation suggests that the system wasn't designed to be secure: it's open to either everyone or no-one (except for 'superusers'). If I'm wrong about that, please let me know.

Meanwhile I've started work on a WordPress version of the HantsLUG site at hants.lug.org.uk/wp. I can set up accounts for people who want to contribute to that. More details later...

cheers

Chris
--