On 05/11/12 21:31, Alan Bell wrote:
On 05/11/12 15:46, Chris Dennis wrote:

Yes.  Adam had to shut down most access to the wiki because of all the
spam.  And my very brief reading of the MoinMoin documentation
suggests that the system wasn't designed to be secure: it's open to
either everyone or no-one (except for 'superusers').  If I'm wrong
about that, please let me know.
you can actually do quite a lot of access control stuff with moin
http://hants.lug.org.uk/wiki/HelpOnAccessControlLists
check out the various examples of ways you can configure a site for
different scenarios, basically you end up creating pages with bulleted
lists of people to make groups:
http://hants.lug.org.uk/wiki/HelpOnGroups
like this one but you can create more
http://hants.lug.org.uk/wiki/AdminGroup
then use the group names (that is their wiki page names) in ACLs

Aha! Thanks for those hints, Alan. I now understand a bit more about MoinMoin.

So, this is the plan. I've re-enabled new accounts, which means that anyone can create an account. BUT, only users who are members of the 'editors' group can change things. If you want to be an editor, create an account, and let me know your user name by sending an email to webmas...@hantslug.org.uk.

Hopefully that will allow people to update the wiki, but keep the spammers out.

cheers

Chris

--
Chris Dennis                                  cgden...@btinternet.com