Lo,

At 11:48 20/01/2013, you wrote:

Hi all

I think the time is fast approaching where I will have to buy some form of internet security tool for my W7 box. At present I use free stuff (ZoneAlarm) but this is now not as good as once it was. For example once upon a time, if a process asked for internet access, you would say “Yes” and tell it to remember your response and that was it. Nowadays a Java update always asks (and the tick box comes up saying I’ve previously said it was ok – conclusion why ask me again?).

Thats the firewall isnt it?
Rather than an AV program.

I personally use outpost firewall pro 7.5.2 life time license (spyware updates).
Its the most configurable firewall i have come across on windows.
http://www.agnitum.com/purchase/security-suite/

They have a offer until the end of january for lifetime licenses if you like the trial.

Martin N

Owner of the bwfc yahoogroup and Co-Moderator of MiniDisc and amithlonopen yahoo groups.