On 21/01/13 22:26, Martin N wrote:

Lo,

At 16:23 20/01/2013, you wrote:
On 20/01/13 12:42, Paul Stimpson wrote:
Hi,

I use AVG free edition. I'm happy with it and it always used to get rid
of the stuff Norton wouldn't.

I've always used and recommended AVG Free Edition, until yesterday
when I noticed that the free version no longer scans incoming emails!
So I think I'm going to switch allegiance to the freen version of Avast.

Wouldn't the real time file scanner pick up a virus in an email anyhow?

Hmmm, maybe. But scanning a new file as it arrives seems like the logical approach to me, rather than waiting until the user carelessly double-clicks on the attachment. A belt-and-braces approach perhaps.

cheers

Chris
--
Chris Dennis                                  cgden...@btinternet.com