On 16/06/2013 10:37, Keith Edmunds wrote:
FWIW I've always been an Olympus enthusiast
If Olympus "just work", that's a possibility, thanks. Any particular
(lower end) Olympus you'd recommend?

I couldn't make a specific recommendation as I haven't looked at any for some time, and don't tend to look at the lowest cost end.

There are a couple of ways on their website to look for suitable cameras.
Try starting here:
http://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/cameras/index.html
There's a "product finder" to the right, then "Guided" and probably pick the "basic camera" option.

Their entry-level VG-150 is £48.50 on Amazon here.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-V106060BE000-Vg-150-Black/dp/B006VPDNPM
Mostly it's a little higher.

Reviews a bit elusive, but:
http://www.photographyblog.com/news/olympus_vg-150_and_vg-160/
http://www.naaptol.com/digital-cameras/olympus-point---shoot-vg-150/P/3683646.html
http://www.testfreaks.co.uk/digital-cameras/olympus-vg-150/user-reviews/

Should give an idea.

The manual confirms it is "compatible with the USB mass storage class".

Gordon.

--
This message was written elegantly and lucidly, by my own fair hand using a
quill pen on hand laid parchment. It was then scanned, OCRed, spiel-chequed,

If it's now just gibberish, it's the software's fault.