On Jun 16, 2013 12:35 PM, "Samuel Penn" <s...@glendale.org.uk> wrote:

> On Sunday 16 Jun 2013 10:12:52 Keith Edmunds wrote:
> > I'm looking for a simple-to-use camera that is Linux compatible. It's
for
> > my mum, who is in her 70s, so point, click is about as complex as it
needs
> > to be. Her PC runs Linux, supported by yours truly from 165 miles away,
so
> > ideally she would connect the camera to the PC with a USB cable and it
> > would Just Work.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX100 which just works, as well as being
> a good camera. It is recognised as a USB storage device when you plug
> it in.

Even if the camera does not work, you can always use a memory card reader.
Simply take the sd card out of the camera and put it in the sd card reader.
sd card readers are only about 10 pounds.
Even though all the cameras i have ever had are linux compatible, i just
find using a card reader easier.

James