Hi Ally,

The best thing to do is pick a project in the sector you want to work in and
work on some code… once your name is in the credits its a big selling point on
the CV… but don't do it for a one shot deal, do it because its what you want to
do.

If however your just looking to use open source, there are plenty php, ruby ad
sysadmin roles out there on job board but they might not be specifically open
source … you will find that all software and tooling are like a knife, fork
spoon… you use the best for the job ad its about mowing how things work at a
higher level and them applying the right tools and technologies to solve them.

best of luck

Joseph Bennie | Founder
07976 300036  | 01737 244209 | @Lincoreltd
j...@lincore.com