On Friday 13 November 2015 10:20:07 Gordon Scott wrote:
> > I looked into the German waste system
>
> Like battery recycling bins everywhere...  Years and years ago...
> Sigh.

I have an electric kettle to get rid of.  My days of being able to repair such
things are over, and as it stands it is a fire hazard.  So, I have an
electric kettle to get rid of.

The "correct" way for me to do so is to drive 5 or 6 miles, sit in a queue
with the engine running, or repeatedly restart the engine, dump the kettle,
drive home again.  (To go to my "local" tip it is 11 or 12 miles, but the
next door authority tip is a mere 5 or 6 miles away, with a permanent queue.)

I do have three mercury based light bulbs I could get rid of at the same time.
And some batteries, but I could get rid of those only three miles away at a
place I go to sometimes anyway.

Ecofriendly, crackers, or what???

Lisi