Dear All,

I have been following this thread with interest as it's a subject which
concerns me. I, too, have had cause to contact SCC on several occasions
about various aspects of their policy and practice.  I'm particularly
incensed by the need to drive a car a considerable distance into the city
in order to dispose of numerous items not covered by the collection
'service'. Having taken the trouble to do so, it's not at all unusual to be
told to throw a potentially hazardous item in with the general rubbish.

One thing that drives me crazy is the way that different councils in the
region, served by the same contractor, set different recycling rules. Plus,
employees at the tip (sorry, 'recycling centre') seem often to be working
to a completely different set of rules.

Isn't it past time to set up a separate discussion list for this topic?

Chris