** Lisi <hants...@googlemail.com> [2015-11-14 00:12]:
> On Friday 13 November 2015 22:57:54 Gordon Scott wrote:
<snip>
> > I don't know of a solution for the bulbs.
> > Frustratingly, I've been storing some for years ready for when I go to
> > the dump.
>
> Last time I took a whole batch of bulbs of all kinds to the dump a chap
> helped
> me find the place - and put almost all of them into the ordinary household
> waste.  So now, when I take the kettle (and I shall have to do so some time -
> what else am I to do with it?) - I shall hope to remember to take my three
> mercury based bulbs.  The rest can go in the household rubbish here!!
<snip>
** end quote [Lisi]

I know the tip have a special section for bulbs because they are considered
hazardous waste (at least the low energy ones and tubes are, which are the ones
I've taken). Some time ago Robert Dyas started collecting bulbs, and last time
I tried they still did, although you had to ask as they didn't have the bin
out. I'm sure I've seen somewhere else doing this as well but can't completely
remember where - B&Q I think. Perhaps try the Brockhampton (Havant) tip on your
way to the next PLUG meet, it isn't too far off your route I don't think.

--
 Paul Tansom  |  Aptanet Ltd.  |  https://www.aptanet.com/  |  023 9238 0001
 Vice Chair, FSB Portsmouth & SE Hampshire Branch  |  http://www.fsb.org.uk/