On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Jean Christophe André
<jean-christophe.an...@auf.org> wrote:
> Le 2011-05-28 11:53 +0700, Nguyen Vu Hung (VNC) a écrit :
>> Serge has poked me an idea that, HanoiLug is not a place for *only*
>> Linux anymore.
>>
>> As we can see, Hanoilug is a community about open source,
>> open content and something I should say "an open movement".
>
> Is it really a new idea?

Not really, but of the discussions are not really about Linux ...
and what is Linux exactly ? Just the kernel ?

> We have always been saying, I mean for years (we would find proof of
> it in our archives if that was asked), that HanoiLUG is open to every
> subjects around and beyond Linux, especially free/libre/open matters
> (everything except sensible political subjects involving criticisms
> of the Vietnamese government).
>
> That being said, I totally disagree with the recent discussion about
> changing its name. HanoiLUG is and shall keep being HanoiLUG.
>
> If people want to create another list with another name (like ict-vn,
> is it as successful?) so be it (I mean: I won't fight against this
> freedom), but I'll keep HanoiLUG running as it is.
>
> Still, I may host (create and maintain technically, but not manage)
> that other-more-general-list on the HanoiLUG server if that was
> something people wanted/asked for.

I think the name should stay the same.
I have no problems with discussions about source-source/libre/free
software in general.

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich