Hi Holger,

I could get the same errors on my ultra5 under solaris 8
which correctly builds 1.3. I finally tracked that down to
the #define XOPEN_SOURCE 500 in auth.c. If I remove it,
everything builds as before.

Krzysztof, you told me you had to add it otherwise you got a
warning on your platform with crypt() not being defined. Could
you check if you manage to get rid of the warning by adding a
few common #includes ? The only case I had to add such #defines
was when porting code from very old unixes to linux, but generally
those defines are needed as last resort portability tricks. And
since the crypt() function has been there for decades, I find it
strange that we absolutely need such a define.

Thanks,