On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 12:39:48AM +0100, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> > Finally, encryption was only tested on Linux and FreeBSD so it could be
> > nice to verify if it works on Solaris in the same way (with -lcrypt) and
> > to add USE_LIBCRYPT for "ifeq ($(TARGET),solaris)".
>
> OK I'm testing it now then and will keep you informed.

it builds with the same warning as we had on linux, despite the
man not mentioning anything specific. However, on solaris, crypt()
is defined in crypt.h, which I also have here on linux and which
is in some of my old programs which made use of crypt().

Ross, it would be nice if you could check on FreeBSD if we have
crypt.h available. Probably that we should make use of it by
default and not rely on the "standard" includes which are only
there for compatibility with specific programs which define
_XOPEN_SOURCE.

After all, if we have to link with -lcrypt, it makes sense to
require the associated include.