Le 16 nov. 2010 à 12:27, Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 04:15:18PM +0100, Sebastien Estienne wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there any news about SSL support?
>
> Yes there are some news, we'll have to work on it at Exceliance.

this is great news, any early timeframe even fuzzy?

>> With current server's hardware having 8 cores or more, offering SSL is
>> quite cheap.
>
> Hehe one thing at a time : haproxy right now only uses one core. Let's
> first have SSL and only then see how we can make use of more cores.
> The really difficult part is to try to use more cores without slowing
> down the overall processing due to very common synchronization. This
> implies massive changes to ensure that there's almost no shared data
> between processes or threads.

i thought haproxy could use more than one core with a prefork model like nginx?

>> Moreover with tools like firesheep getting widespread offering SSL to
>> our users become an important feature
>
> Firesheep is doing nothing more than what has been done for decades with
> many other tools. The same people who believe their traffic cannot be
> sniffed by their coworker because they connect via a switch won't care
> about having their SSL session hijacked with an invalid certificate.

We all agree with this like irc and newsgroups existed before emule and
biittorent :) But with easy tools like this we can t "hide" the problem anymore.
(like adobe does with rtmpe)

>> I know that it's possible to use stunnel, but it would be better to
>> have SSL support built in haproxy
>
> Yes indeed. At least stunnel already lets us assemble the bricks to
> build whatever we want, eventhough the configs are sometimes tough !
>
> Regards,
> Willy

thanx.