Hey Willy, thanks for your response, answers bellow:

- Is this load stable or does it vary a lot during the test ?

The load is pretty stable, it doesn't seem to go up more than .70 max

- Do you have conntrack loaded on the LB ?

Its installed, any specific command you want me to try?

- Is the LB a real or virtual machine ?

Virtual, the entire environment is virtual including the openAM servers

- Are you observing a high CPU or network usage anywhere in the chain ?

There is an initial spike on CPU when Jmeter starts but thats normal if you
don't use a "ramp up" period

- If you remove one of your servers, does the throughput remain the same or
does it drop by half ?

Stays exactly the same, probably because of the "sticky" session?

The only thing I'm seeing that is wrong in your config is that you should
remove the "option httpclose" statement in the defaults section and in the
backend section, but I'm pretty sure that at such a low load, it won't make
any difference.

I have removed it and tested with and without it, makes no difference. The
strangest thing is that it seems like you reach a limit and it wont go over
80-100 req/sec.

One last thing I forgot to mention, I am testing on a hot standby HAproxy
that is configured exactly as the first one and I use Keepalived for high
availability, so Keepalived is the only other process running on the box.

Any ideas?
Thanks