Hi Shawn,

Le 30/04/2015 21:57, Shawn Heisey a écrit :
One thing that I can do is increase the "fall" parameter for checks on
the dedicated dev/staging servers, but there's a downside: haproxy won't
notice that a server is down very quickly.  I don't mind that haproxy
*logs* the server going down and the entire backend being unavailable
... in fact, that's a good thing ... I just don't want to see it on the
console or in ssh sessions.  A message that's logged to the console
implies that there's a problem requiring immediate attention.  A dev
server rebooting does NOT require immediate attention.

Simply adjust your the log levels in your haproxy configuration for those backends, by setting the minimum syslog level to "error" for example, this will prevent still log the events but won't send them as emerg/alert/crit (which I assume one of them is configured to send logs to the console).

Or use a different facility for them, and configure your syslog server to not send logs to the console for this facility when it's sent by haproxy.

See http://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/configuration-1.5.html#4.2-log for more details, specifically the last argument.

--
Cyril Bonté