Hi James and Baptist,

Le 04/05/2016 21:21, James Brown a écrit :
(gentle bump)

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 11:36 AM, James Brown <jbr...@easypost.com> wrote:
Here's the top of the file. None of the backends override the
load-server-state-from-file setting that's made in `defaults`. There
are 106 backends defined.

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 9:07 AM, Baptiste <bed...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 2:54 AM, James Brown <jbr...@easypost.com> wrote:
I'm trying to set up state-file saving on 1.6.4, but "show servers state"
doesn't return anything. It works fine if I specify an individual backend
(e.g., "show servers state foo_be"), but not if I run it "bare" (which the
manual suggests should print out states for all backends).

Any thoughts?

I could reproduce the issue, it happens when the whole data can't fit in the trash buffer. Usually, haproxy detects that the buffer is full and sends its content to the client, then restarts from where it stopped. But some commands were not implemented to support this. This is at least the case for :
- show servers state
- show servers state <backend> should also fail with many servers
- show backend

I didn't check other commands but it may also happen in others (show stat resolvers, I believe).

I think I can find some time to work on a patch this week-end.

--
Cyril Bonté