Hello,

> I'm sorry but I don't understand what you call "this" above nor what you
> mean by "updating the config".
>
> If the server is running in http2 mode, and servicing connections, updating
> the config as shown below is no longer instantaneous. Takes over 5 minutes.

So what you are saying is that *the command* to reload haproxy takes 5
minutes. I assume that within that timeframe, both old and new
requests continue to be served.

H2 timeouts are different than H1. Please share you configuration,
especially everything timeout related. I assume  "timeout client" is
more than a few seconds in your configuration?

You may want to lower "timeout client" and configure hard-stop-after
according to your expectation:
http://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/1.8/configuration.html#hard-stop-after

The different timeout behavior in H2 is already documented:
http://git.haproxy.org/?p=haproxy-1.8.git;a=commitdiff;h=75df9d7a7acb741e8413a6c2f3d6b6fe07b44bb8

Regarding email threads, you can look for the post on mail-archive.org
and hit that Reply-to button at the bottom (it will use the msg-id as
in the in-reply-to header, at least in thunderbird) - or you use do it
on your own, the msg-id of the email is at in the bottom line:
https://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/

lukas