Hi Lukas,

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 11:28:42PM +0100, Lukas Tribus wrote:
> Hello Willy,
>

> regarding soft-stop H2 behavior, we may have room for improvement.

A polite way to say I did some crap ;-)

> We often have "timeout client" (H2) in the 30 - 60 seconds range,
> while "timeout http-keep-alive" (H1) may only be a few seconds (or
> less). When we soft-stop a process we add "Connection: close" to all
> H1 responses (to close the connection gracefully after the next
> transaction and avoid waiting for the timeout). This doesn't help us
> in H2, as connection headers are not allowed.
> But maybe we can achieve something similar in H2, sending a GOAWAY
> frame perhaps?

Yes I think so as well. I'd rather avoid scanning all H2 connections
to signal all of them at once, but we're mostly interested in the
active ones, so I think that sending the GOAWAY frame along with
any further communication (in response to any next request or after
any response) could significantly help. I'll see how we can do
something like this, but probably not for 1.8.3 yet.

Cheers,