Hello Willy,

regarding soft-stop H2 behavior, we may have room for improvement.

We often have "timeout client" (H2) in the 30 - 60 seconds range,
while "timeout http-keep-alive" (H1) may only be a few seconds (or
less). When we soft-stop a process we add "Connection: close" to all
H1 responses (to close the connection gracefully after the next
transaction and avoid waiting for the timeout). This doesn't help us
in H2, as connection headers are not allowed.
But maybe we can achieve something similar in H2, sending a GOAWAY
frame perhaps?

hard-stop-after is usually even larger then "timeout client", and
keeping idle H2 connections connected can be sub-optimal (like if we
are waiting for a config update to fix a specific issue while the
browser may still hold onto a connection towards the old process).

Regards,
Lukas