Hello,

On 31 January 2018 at 03:00,  <flamese...@yahoo.co.jp> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What exactly does option redispatch do?

As per the documentation:
http://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/1.7/configuration.html#4-option%20redispatch

"In HTTP mode, if a server designated by a cookie is down, clients may
definitely stick to it because they cannot flush the cookie, so they
will not be able to access the service anymore.

Specifying "option redispatch" will allow the proxy to break their
persistence and redistribute them to a working server."

This is about breaking cookie persistence.

> I have a haproxy in front of two web servers, if one web server get killed
> when haproxy is forwarding a request to that server,
>
> will this request get re-forwarded to another server?

No. Haproxy will never resend a HTTP request that has already been
sent. If you break a backend with in flight HTTP transactions, those
transactions are supposed to break with it and that' exactly what
haproxy does.

Regards,
Lukas