Hello,

Thanks for the lucid explain, understood it now.

Anyway I find that haproxy slow down the requests to alive server when there is
a server down.

Still take the test I made before,

ruby -run -ehttpd . -p8001 and ruby -run -ehttpd . -p8000 and i start haproxy
then do a ab ab -n 20000 -c 10 http://127.0.0.1:8080/

So both ruby servers start to log requests, very fast(say 100 request per
second), meaning that haproxy forwards request very fast.

Then I killed ruby 8001, the strange thing is that ruby 8000's log becomes very
slow(say 10 requests per seconds) for a while.

I understand that there will be some check against 8001, but why it will slow
down the request to 8000?

Why is that?

Thanks