>> Will try.

I've tried the seconds path, together with the first one, no change at all.

However, I was able to catch it on my laptop finally. I still can't
easily reproduce this, but at least that's something. Little
background, my company makes online games, the one I am testing with
is a web browser flash game. As it starts, it makes various API calls
and loads game resources, graphics/music, etc. So I've disabled
browser cache and tried closing browser tab with the game as it was
tcp6    1190      0 SERVER_IP:443 MY_IP:54514 ESTABLISHED 538049/haproxy

This is with browser tab already closed. Browser (latest Chrome)
probably keeps the connection alive, but haproxy should close it after
a while. Well, that didn't happen, after good 30 minutes the
connection is still ESTABLISHED. My timeouts are at the beginning of
this thread, my understanding is that this connection should be killed
after "timeout client" which is 60s.
After that I've closed the browser completely. Connection moved to the
CLOSE_WAIT state in question:
tcp6    1191      0 SERVER_IP:443 MY_IP:54514 CLOSE_WAIT  538049/haproxy

haproxy logs (I have dontlognormal enabled): https://pastebin.com/sUsa6jNQ

--
Janusz Dziemidowicz