Ah, a hot subject :-)

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 05:37:39PM +0200, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> On 15.04.20 16:28, Lukas Tribus wrote:
> > Hello Tim, Aleks,
> >
> > I fully agree with everything Tim just said.
> >
> > Let's keep the list about haproxy.
>
> I agree with this line only.

Well, I've quickly glanced over the thread and I too agree with Tim in
that users generally do not choose.

However a common practice is to use that to adjust your priorities,
and that's normal. Just like you will probably not respond to an
impolite person or someone making tons of typos typing from his phone
while walking and sending almost unreadable e-mails, it's perfectly
fine if you're pissed off by a long disclaimer or signature and prefer
not to respond. And that's similar to the way I encourage not to help
those who do not respect others.

Then it's up to the senders to think whether they'd use their work e-mail
to send questions with 10% info drowned into 90% noise and hope to maybe
get a reply, or if they'd rather post from their personal account
something more pleasant to read and save time.

So please, Aleks, if you're pissed-off by such a message, or one with
an arms-long signature, simply ignore it and let others deal with it
if they want! And if the sender later asks "why does nobody respond"
eventually you can let him know his message is painful to read to help
him try to improve is behavior (he might not necessarily even know
his message is offensive).

Cheers,