Hi,

for years we've been using HAProxy, currently on 2.0. And we've had a
setup like this (simplified):

frontend <cust1>
  bind <cust1_IP>:80

  use_backend <cust1-www>

frontend <cust2>
  bind <cust2_IP>:80

  use_backend <cust1-www>

fronted fallback
  bind *:80

  use_backend <fallback-www>

This has been working fine for us, but now while installing a new
loadbalancer we ran into the issue that all requests end up in the
fronted 'fallback'. The only way to get back the old behaviour is to
place that frontend at the top.

Now that raises two questions:
 - What changed? The HAProxy version is the same, so is the config as
   this is genearted by us. So could this be a library (we build from
   source) or perhaps kernel. Any idea?
 - What's the intended behaviour and can this be influenced? I'd rather
   not have a situation where the behaviour can change between vms. I
   would expect to have the more specific bind always take precedence,
   regardless of the order.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

Kind regards,
Bartosz