On 30.03.2021., at 08:17, Илья Шипицин <chipits...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would really like to know whether zlib was chosen for purpose or by chance.
>
> And yes, some marketing campaign makes sense

Hi Илья,

People tend to spawn Docker images in dozens and/or even hundreds and we always
have to consider that adding a single library on top of what’s already present
in the minimal Docker base image (libz is pretty much always present in base
images) will result in additional size which is in general frown upon by Docker
users.

But then again, if the community (aka you) thinks that pros (performance)
outweigh the cons (increased target size), I’ll take care of it for haproxytech
images and these changes would be also propagated to Ingress Controller image
as well.

Kind regards,
D.

--
Dinko Korunic                   ** Standard disclaimer applies **
Sent from OSF1 osf1v4b V4.0 564 alpha