Willy,

On 5/12/21 7:47 AM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
Interestingly, the code for variables was initially made for the config,
so it doesn't seem to destroy variable names when they're released since
that was pointless with the config. I think that code should be revisited
in 2.5 to improve the situation (e.g. by marking that the variable was
dynamically allocated maybe), but I don't know this part well so I'll
probably stop before starting to suggest stupidities :-)

There's also this related issue from back when I implemented this additional parameter:

https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/issues/624

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus