Hello,

If you want "definitive proof" that you're not using AES-NI instructions
during your benchmark, you could simply compile OpenSSL (and then HAproxy,
linking it to this OpenSSL version) passing "-noaes" flag to GCC in the
process.

Then, to make sure your compilation succeeded, check both resulting
binaries (haproxy + libcrypto.so) for any aesni instructions:

$ objdump --disassemble-all libcrypto.so | grep -E 'aes(enc|dec)'

There should be none.

BR.,
Emerson