On 11/4/2023 01:42, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
How does one install haproxy directly under Ubuntu, also to be more up to date?

I created this set of scripts that will automate the build and install of the latest haproxy 2.8 version with support for HTTP/3. It builds directly from the 2.8 dev repo, so what it installs may be even newer than the most recent 2.8.x release:

https://github.com/elyograg/haproxy-scripts

The prep-source script installs a whole bunch of packages -- everything that is needed to build quictls and haproxy. It also modifies /etc/apt/sources.list to uncomment the source repos. If you have not touched your /etc/apt/sources.list file, it should work perfectly and not break your APT setup.

I built this to work on Ubuntu. It has been well-tested on Ubuntu, but it should also work on RHEL and its derivatives.

Although I do include a sample haproxy config, it is not really suitable as-is for production. It is a config used by the gitlab CI/CD that I built for the project.

Thanks,
Shawn