On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Szak�ts Viktor wrote:

Hi Viktor,

>>         #!/usr/bin/hbrun
>>         proc main()
>>            alert( "Hello World!!!" )
>>         return
>>      I have big internet shop application which with hundreds
>>      CGI harbour scripts and it does not work with MacOSX.
> This should work regardless of our static vs. dynlib issue.
> So it's off topic.

No. It's pefectly related to your arguments.
Such scirpts needs strict hbrun localization.
The same is with shared library.
All your problems with shared library is the fact that you do
not put it in default OS directory.
So please explain me how you plan to make harbour binaries for MacOSX
which will put hbrun in /usr/bin and I'll kindly ask to make the same
with harbour*.dyn
Everything will work out of the box.
If there is sth else wrong with share libraries support in MacOSX
then it should be fixed. 99% of job is already done so I hope MacOSX
user can tune the rest. I'm sorry but I cannot make everything myself.
If it will be necessary then you can make system wide and user wide
installation. I hope that MacOSX has such functionality and it's not
necessary to install everything in each user account.
If you do not have working complex solution then please do not change
current behavior for your personal preferences because it highly possible
that such modificaiton will have to be reverted after user will have
adopted their code for it.
The only one think I want to ask you is to stop adding workarounds
but invest time in creating some final and working solution.

> I'm getting (with a private built hbrun which works):
> ---
> Error BASE/9995  Corruption detected: HB_HRBRUN
> Called from HB_HRBRUN(0)
> Called from _APPMAIN(0)
> ---
> Maybe something obvious from my side, this is the first
> time I tried hbrun this way on any platform.

It's standard RT error message when you try to execute sth what is not
valid .hrb file, f.e:
   hrbrun /bin/bash

by default any files which have different then .prg extension are executed
by hbrun directly as .hrb files.
In some *nixes it's possible to execute .hrb files directly as any other
binaries. It's enough to register their body prefix with exact hbrun
localization and set executable attribute for them.
If harbour will have support for extended .hrb (.hrl,.hre) formats
then I can create some scripts which enable such functionality in Linux.