On Tue, 01 Dec 2009, David Arturo Macias Corona wrote:

Hi,

> >Thank you very much. So now we know that we can remove -s as
> >workaround. Unfortunately it causes very big speed overhead. Much
> >bigger then in Linux where removing -s reduce the speed only ~24
> >percent. It's 363% what is even bigger then in Windows (295% in my
> >test).
> That increase in Windows is surprise for me, so problem are not in OS/2 only

Many of C compilers we are using generate much slower code for debugger
so it's nothing amazing and code to check stack overload is type of debug
code though in this case we used it as workaround for some wrong code
generated by OpenWatcom for functions calling APIENTRY16 functions.

> >Now I would like to check if -s is necessary as global switch or it
> >can be used locally only for GT2OS2 code.
> >Please restore -s switch (just like in clean SVN code) and then
> >add to src/rtl/gtos2/Makefile[5] this line:
> >  HB_BUILD_OPTIM := no
> >It should disable optimization switches.
> >Then check if speedtst works in MT mode.
> src\rtl\gtos2\Makefile does not have HB_BUILD_OPTIM

Yes, I want you add it to src/rtl/gtos2/Makefile at line 5

> I used:
>  set HB_BUILD_OPTIM=no

and what you have recompiled later and how?
Sorry that I'm asking but I have to be sure what exactly was done.
Many thanks for your tests.