On Wed, 09 Dec 2009, Vailton Renato wrote:

Hi,

> On xHarbour they have the /vd parameter to automatically convert all
> external functions as dynamic functions. The final application has to
> behave as the Clipper, generating a RTE when the function is not
> found.

-vd switch is interesting feature which is really usable in some cases
though I would prefer a little bit more flexible method of generating
references list. Probably a tool to manage .hrb files and create .hrl
libraries which will have an option to generate external dependencies
list is much better idea. .ext files generated by xHarbour when -vd
switch is used are usable only if .hrb file does not have any references
to functions in other .hrb files and this problem can be resolved only
by external program which will generate such list for group of .hrb
files. Maybe I'll add support for -vd switch to Harbour but rather
without generating .ext files or at least they will be activated
optionally, i.e. by -vd+

> But in Harbour I have been testing a tool what I developed to
> analyze the C code from my PRG sources, that are external to the
> current code but what not exist inside hbextern.ch and make statements
>  DYNAMIC for me ... but do not think this tool an elegant solution.

Without replicating the full C preprocessor such tools can always
be confused by some code. It may not be big problem for creating
documentation or some other data which later can be manually corrected
but it does not allow to use such solution as automatized part of
build process for any source code.
It's much easier to extract such information from final .hrb, .o (.obj),
.a (.lib) files because we data in some strictly defined formats.